Tuesday, June 3

answers!

The most amazing thing happened last week on Friday...I prayed and I got an answer...
Since April 4th, I have been trying to raise well over $2,000 for my first mission trip to the Philippines with The Good Foot Organization. I sent out letters, emails, had an art show, lead a car wash & garage sale fundraiser, and still didn't have enough money for my airplane ticket. I was starting to not really worry, but wonder if I was even suppose to go, and what would my response be (other than crying like a baby) if I couldn't go. Time went by, then like that, our airfare was due on May 30th. I had already been praying for the funds to be there, but because they weren't, I really had to seek God again about what he wanted me to do. I thought:
1 - Maybe I am not meant to go, and all the support I have raised should go to bless someone else.
2 - I am suppose to go, but I will have to go deeper into debt if I put everything on my credit, yikes!
That night, I stayed in my car and just prayed and listened for more direction from God, I told Him no matter what happened that I would praise Him whether I could go or not, and I trust Him with everything, even things that I didn't understand.
For the first time, I couldn't picture myself NOT being in the Philippines...I really felt that I had a purpose to fulfill in the Philippines and heard from God that everything would be fine. That evening I asked a few friends to pray for me, since I had less than 24hours to raise $700 for the trip.
Oookay, almost done...So I woke up the next morning and got an email from 2 friends, one gave me 300 euros, which is like half of what I needed!! And another friend gave me $50!! Later that day, a good friend, bought one
one of my photos for $240! This happened all within a few hours of when I woke up! I was so happy that God provided for me and gave me the answer I was seeking. Wow...!

2 comments:

nicholei said...

Contina - this is going to be an amazing time. I am glad God is stretching your faith and showing His faithfulness. Your story is very inspiring and I am in awe. LOVE YOUUU

myooks said...

that's awesome.