Sunday, April 6

Awake and Alert.

"Grasp truth, not just a good feeling while you're at church, because truth will change your life." - Pastor Bruce Fidler.

You know how when you're feeling discouraged, confused, or just bland...and then you go to church and you hear something that just shakes you out of the sleepwalk that you've been in.
I know that God has awesome plans for me this year, but the past few weeks, I've felt as if I've been sleepwalking through my life. I am busy, and there's a lot I have to do, yet I feel more like I am a watching it all happen instead of really living it.
Tonight, Pastor Bruce spoke about aligning yourself with what God wants to do in your life. How we need to be awake and alert or you'll miss that season where God has something in store for you. He also spoke a lot about the idea of "sending" or "being sent".
John 20:21 - Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you"
Many dimensions of your spiritual growth never happens unless you reach out. Not as you sit, think, or stay, but as you "go".
Pastor Bruce shared a lot more, but in the end, he finished with asking all of us:
Just as Jesus was sent to a particular people...to whom have you been sent? Figure it out, Give yourself to it, and look at what God will do.
After tonight, I am left so encouraged, ready to align and reach out. Sleepwalking...pshaw! (as Abby would say).

1 comment:

nicholei said...

Okkkkk.. I wrote a lil somethin' somethin'.. it's 1am so forgive me if it isn't enlightening. :P